Spartan games released a blog post today on their website and facebook laying out the near future for Firstorm Armada and Firestorm Planetfall.
In summary things are looking up for both armada and planetfall.
- The narrative is going to be advanced and future releases and posts will explore the galaxy beyond the storm zone.
- Campaign Flashpoints, (Armada, Planetfall or both compatible), will be released in the future allowing the playerbase to help determine the future of the game narrative. (I am very excited about this!)
- Spartan intends to connect Planetfall and Armada a little more than has been done previously.
- First flashpoint will be Flashpoint Amber - Sorylian vs. Relthoza set implied.
- Different Flashpoints may overlap each other in lengths.
- Future vessels will be modular in design allowing for 2 or 3 different vessels to be constructed from the same chassis.
- This modular approach will also be applied to the upcoming Planetfall Alliance core helices.
- Firestorm Armada 3.0 ruleset is expected to be released in 2017 after a beta/community review period.
- Firestorm Planetfall 2.0 ruleset appears to be the next rule release for Spartan. In the near future a discussion will be started on the forums regarding the changes to the rules.
A preview was also shared of the upcoming Indomitable Battle Carrier. I don't play terrans but it is a really cool model.
All in all I am very excited regarding the information provided in the blog post. I think it will help to alleviate some of the fears that have been voiced recently in the forums and points to a very exciting next year for the Firestorm universe!
Thanks for reading!