Saturday, February 11, 2017

Building a Dystopian Wars Town

I have been working on a little town for Dystopian Wars recently as I noted in my previous post. I figured it would be helpful to put up a set of pictures and steps for how I have put the whole thing together.

I used a thin black artist canvas for the base and then added black foam board and green stuff, (Kneadatite), to create the landscape. The buildings will be from Brigade Armor's 2mm line of buildings purchased from Picoarmor.com as well as some of the Dystopian Wars buildings. The trees and crops are from Galeforce 9.

Black canvas, black foamboard and green stuff
I effectively painted a pva glue over the board and covered with a fine sand.
I glued the buildings on and spray painted the board black.
I layered some greens and browns on the board to begin the process of making the land look like land.
This picture was taken after I had done some of the rocks and stone buildings.
This was taken after I had done the terracotta roofing and sandstone buildings. I also went back and added shadowing to all of the building doors and windows.
I then went back and added some vehicles and a packed up Farm vehicle to make the town feel a little more lived in. In the background you can also see that I used some flocking to create a planted field.
A picture of the finished town. I went back and added around a dozen more buildings to the town to help it feel a little more substantial. Honestly I am thrilled with how it has turned out!
A second picture from a different angle of the finished town . I can't wait to use this for a game!
Thanks for reading! I am continuing my creation of dystopian terrain. I should have some harbor districts done followed by an airport and second town in the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment