Thursday, January 21, 2016

Planetfall Assault Helixes/Helices incoming!

Assault Helix renders have been found on the Spartan Games forums. I must say that they all look amazing. I am particularly excited to pick up the Relthoza and Dindrenzi sets!

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/17045-new-assault-helixes-are-inbound/?p=304260

The two walkers are very cool and reminiscent of the Firepower Leviathan. Personally I like the new stinger missile equipped hover tanks.
I love this helix from what I can see of the renders. The pair of walkers look fantastic as do the assault hover tanks. I am hoping that the walkers have a rule similar to the RSN Assault Helix robot for their blades.
This helix is also fantastics looking. I think these might be the coolest looking walkers. It appears that both the walkers and tanks have flame weapons though the walkers appear to have additional arm mounted weapons.
I may actually be more excited to add this helix to my forces than the dindrenzi! The new demi-leviathan looks absolutely amazing. I am also really liking the light assault walkers. Very much looking forward to acquiring this helix and seeing their statistics.
The larger walkers are amazing looking. I like the curled power fist in particular. It looks like a giant robotic version of the sorylian heavy infantry. The smaller assault walkers look similar to the medium or scout walker with new weapons.
All I can think of when looking at these renders is battletech/mechwarrior. From the renders I am guessing that both of these walkers are using heritage and/or legacy laser weapons with lots of pinpoint. The larger mechs also appear to have a secondary weapon, maybe a grenade launcher.
Overall, this release has some amazing new models and may perhaps be my favorite release from an aesthetic standpoint so far. Hopefully we will not have to wait long for the release!

Just realized that these are up for pre-order on Spartan Games website. If ordered before Monday the 25th they will come with racial specific objective tokens. A very cool deal!

https://shop.spartangames.co.uk/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2099

Hope everyone enjoys the update. I must say I am extremely excited to see these new models in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment