Friday, February 5, 2016

Dindrenzi Aerial Ground Attack Helix - Painted

Last but not least of my current dindrenzi models, the aerial ground attack helix. The renders for these models had me feeling a little unsure of whether I would like them much. The Icarus gunships in particular looked to be missing something, almost too streamlined. The excellent weapon range and damage values for the Daedalus heavy gunships were not something I could pass up on so I took a chance and purchased the helix.

I was not disappointed. The Daedalus heavy gunships are fantastic models and honestly the Icarus gunships were much better looking in person than they appeared in the renders. I painted them in a similar scheme to my core helix like the aerial interceptor helix.

Icarus Gunships - I debated for a while on the striping but decided to go with the cross pattern. 
Side Overhead picture of the Icarus gunships.
Rear picture of the Daedalus Heavy Gunships. Its not easy to see but I painted the engines on the underside of the gunships to match the engines on the back of the gunship.
Side profile of the Daedalus Heavy Gunships.
Overhead and side pictures of Daedalus Heavy Gunships.
Front picture of the Daedalus Heavy Gunships.
Aerial Ground Attack Helix
Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to field these fantastic models yet in a game. I am particularly excited for the Daedalus gunships with their excellent firepower and range. Hopefully they will perform well during my next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment