Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Relthoza Aerial Ground Attack Helix - Painted

Hi everyone!
Its been a little while since my last update. This time of year is always really busy for my family but I have found some time to finish painting my Relthozan aerial leviathan. It was a hard model to paint partly because it was a large mode but also because I really struggled initially what to paint the wings. I took a chance going for a pale sandy color to contrast with the dark red and blue inherited from the ground forces.


Relthozan Aerial Color Scheme:
Armor - Vallejo hull red, drybrushed with Vallejo calvary brown.
Skin - Vallejo dark sea blue, washed with Vallejo french mirage blue and drybrushed with Reaper misty grey.
Supplemental armor/wings - Vallejo tan yello drybrushed Vallejo dark sand and pale sand.
Visor - Vallejo silver
Eyes/Lights - Vallejo Italian Tank Crew drybrushed Vallejo fluorescent green.
Metal - Vallejo gunmetal grey
Weapon glow/Designator - Successively lighter shades of Vallejo turquesa, Reaper marine teal, Reaper surf aqua and white. Finished with a white stripe down the length of the glowing part of the weapon.

The Vaxiss leviathan and Massith drones nexus' with sky drop marker.




I glued the legs so that the Vaxiss can land. In fact I like how it looks a little better landed than when it is airborne.

This model is a beast!

Massith drone nexus

Second picture of Massith drone nexi.

I wanted my aerial unit to keep some similarity to the ground forces which is why I re-used the red and blue colors but at the same time distinct hence the new pale sandy colored armor. Overall, I am really happy with how this unit turned out and excited to get it onto a game table. This guy is going to be pretty awesome I think!

2 comments:

  1. Love it, looks awesome! Do not wanted to see that on the table top against me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really wouldn't want to face it either. It looks like it should be a beast if used correctly. If nothing else it will be a bullet magnet for the rest of my Relthoza.

      Delete