Monday, March 28, 2016

Terran Alliance Assault Helix - Unboxing

Hi all!
Sorry for the delay between posts. I got caught up painting some Dystopian Wars minis and life has not provided much extra time over the last month or two to play any Planetfall or armada games. Hopefully that will be changing here soon. My brother-in-law, dad and myself pre-ordered 4 of the new assault helix boxes back in January. They have finally arrive and much sooner than I thought they would! SO over the next week or so I will be posting unboxing pictures of each.

The first one I put together is for my brother-in-law's Terran Alliance.

Exterior of box top.
Back of box with background and picture.
Interior contents of box.
Legs, torso and weapons for the Loki Battle Walkers
I believe these attach between the walker's legs and torso. Although, they could be the Hodr's torso/head too.
I'm not 100% sure on these either. I believe the barrel shaped ones are shoulders for the Loki which the grenade launcher would attach to. The other two pieces I am not sure about. The bases are decent sized near to the same size as a medium tank base.
Pieces of the Hodr. Legs and Polaris Lances are easy to distinguish. I am not sure how the middle/Torso pieces fit together and wonder if perhaps something is missing. I will have to wait and see what my brother-in-law says once he starts putting these guys together.
BONUS - These were the pre-order bonus for the Terran Assault Helix. I rather like the details for the commander and trooper. A very cool little piece!
The box appears to contain the same high level of quality I am used to seeing in every set of miniatures I have seen from Spartan Games. I'm really interested to see the unit painted up and in action.

Next I will post an un-boxing for the Directorate Assault Helix. Even though I don't play Directorate I think their walker may be the coolest looking for the lot. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment