Sunday, April 17, 2016

Battle Reports from this weekend

I had the good fortune this weekend of playing two games of Planetfall.

The first game was against my wife. This was very small game just so she could learn how the game worked. She chose my Dindrenzi for her first foray while I field my Aquans. We each fielded a minimum sized core helix to keep the game short and uncomplicated. On the first turn we traded some shots and my Imzani's slightly longer movement allowed them to take the secondary objective at the center of the board. She took her tertiary objective with her Letos. At the end of the first turn her Kratos Heavy tank had been damaged and my Lamana squadron had been damaged. Our planetfall counters, which started at 7, were at 6 and 5. During the second turn we both deployed around the secondary objective where my Imzani squadron was damaged and my Lamana squadron was destroyed as was her Kratos. Her Letos also contested the objective. At the end of the second turn our counters were down to 2 and 1. During the last turn I moved my Sedna up to protect my last Imazni but was unable to finish off her Eris squadron. In a desperate gamble I moved my imzani behind her letos but only managed to destroy one. She ended the game destroying my last Imzani. At the end of the game our planetfall counters were: Dindrenzi -3 and Aquans 1.

For the second game my brother-in-law and I played an allied force versus my dad.

Zenian Forces
Directorate Core Helix
Desolator Heavy Tank
Retaliator Medium Tank Squadron
Informer Light Tank Squadron
Intruder Assault Vehicle with Patriot Light Infantry Cadre

Directorate Recon Helix
Anarchist Light Tank Squadron

Directorate Assault Helix
Nemesis Robot Battle Squadron
Purgation Medium Battle Tank Squadron

Kurak Forces
Terran Core Helix
Vidar Heavy Tank
Heimdall Medium Tanks
Partial Valkyrie Light Tank

Terran Assault Helix
Loki Battle Robot Squadron

Terquai Recon Helix
Iophon Heavy Gunship
2x Temporal Portals
2x Nabis Heavy Infantry Cadre

Starting Planetfall Score: 20
Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of notes on this game but after the first turn the Directorate was at 15 and Alliance forces were at 16. At the end of the second turn Directorate forces were at 11 and Alliance forces were at 8. The third turn was a blood bath and both forces made planetfall with the Directorate edging out the Alliance forces -9 to -8.
This was a really close game. My Dad's forces played quite well, particularly his purgation medium tanks and Retaliator medium tank squadrons. The Nemesis walkers absorbed a lot of fire from Terran and Terquai forces before going down. My initial impression was that they were exceedingly dangerous and will generally be one of my first targets in the future. My Nabis drones performed excellently, damaging a Nemesis and destroying the Patriot Cadre. The Heimdalls, as always, were my brother-in-law's star squadron.

Overall it was a very fun game and very close all the way until the end. I'm still working on getting pictures up of my Dindrenzi Assault Helix but hopefully that will be soon. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment