Thursday, April 14, 2016

Relthoza Assault Helix - Painted

I have been excited about this helix since I first saw the renders and painted it is a thing of beauty. I have also played a game recently and my forces included this helix. I found this helix performed quite well. The Salavi-Kei was a meat shield and absorbed an artillery strike for two damage as well as multiple attacks from an Odin Leviathan and Loki Assault Robot. The Jakariss were a solid support unit, hard to hurt with a good ranged attack.

Salavi-Kei picture from the front.
Additional picture of the Salavi-Kei.
Side profile picture of the Salavi-Kei. I was really happy with how blue light effects turned out.
Close up picture of the Salavi-Kei. He's just wanting to give a hug!
Jakariss Light Walkers - These guys turned out much better than I initially thought. I was worried that the red would be a little overpowering. Again I really like the blue lighting on them.
A second picture of the Jakariss from a little further away.

I really like how this helix turned out. The models look great and honestly turned out better than I had hoped. As far as play style goes I have really enjoyed the new changes the most recent statistics brought to the Relthoza. They feel more predator like and a little less overpowered which makes them a little more of challenge to play but also more rewarding to play.

I have finished painting my Dindrenzi assault helix and hope to get some pictures of that up soon as well as a battle report using V6 rules for the Relthoza.

3 comments:

  1. This is from the half of the Relthoza hexes I don't have yet. I've looked at its stats compared to its competitor on the Dindrenzi side (since Dindrenzi is my most common opponent), and I just don't see the value in it. It's more expensive than the pair of Dindrenzi ones, slower, and has less DR (although it does have cloak, of course). It's a pretty model, but I just don't see it being useful. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the Predator upgrade it does cost more than the pair of Iapetus robots but it also has the ability of it starting a move closer to your opponent making it easier to close. The 9+10+10 with cloak has been surprisingly difficult for my opponent to damage. It has also been my experience that the Salavi-Kei acts as a bullet sponge taking fire from my other units and allowing them to be more effective. Another benefit from this unit is since there is only one unit it does not suffer from the drop of in damage from the loss of one unit that the other assault robots suffer from.

      It is an excellent looking model and so far I have had good luck using it and certainly like including it in my army lists.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. This is from the half of the Relthoza hexes I don't have yet. I've looked at its stats compared to its competitor on the Dindrenzi side (since Dindrenzi is my most common opponent), and I just don't see the value in it. It's more expensive than the pair of Dindrenzi ones, slower, and has less DR (although it does have cloak, of course). It's a pretty model, but I just don't see it being useful. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete