Monday, April 25, 2016

Veydreth Recon Helix - Unboxing

I am pretty excited to post pictures of these models. I have long admired the Veydreth Planetfall models. Honestly, I am hoping that their future core helix has some infantry models as I really would like to see what the "star dragons" look like. More excitingly the Veydreth mark my wife's foray into Planetfall which will only add to the fun of playing this game!

On to the models.

Box Cover.
The back of the box cover. Whoever painted these did an excellent job with the light sources in my opinion.
Nuk-Su Light skimmers. I really like the model for these. They look fast and dangerous. Like the majority of Spartan's light models these do not have any details on their underside. 
Second picture of the Nuk-Su Skimmers. 
The top side of the Yok-Ta medium Skimmers. As you can see from the picture these have pre-drilled holes for magnets already which is really pretty cool. I like the design of the medium skimmers, they look really nice with the light skimmers. 
This is the underside of the Yok-Ta models. Interesting fact but I think the mounting piece is the same as the mounting piece for the RSN destroyer model. Comparing them it appears that the piece is the same. Again you can see the magnets I already added to the turrets. This was super easy as Spartan already had the holes for the magnets built in to the models.
The Yok-Ta models assembled. 
Overall these are a really cool set of models. I am excited to paint them. These guys will be a little bit more of a challenge than normal for me as I will not be picking their color scheme. That will be all up to my wife I just have to make the scheme work.  I forgot to add that this set did come with two of the artillery drop markers. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture of them.

I will try to get some additional posts up soon. Work has been crazy busy recently so it has been hard to find time to write up the battle report I want to get up. This will hopefully all calm down soon so I can get some more posts written. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment