Sunday, January 22, 2017

Relthoza Ground Command Helix - Painted

This helix was a little different to paint up. I debated for a long while on what colors to do the spire in as well as how to do the Salamis bodyguards. In the end I ended up doing the Salamis in a very similar scheme to what I had done in the core so I could use it with my core sometimes.

The first piece of the helix I painted was the Spire, of course! This thing is awesome in my opinion and much taller than I expected it to be.
Javi Command Spire - I am really happy with how this has turned out! I thought the blue glow effect I tried to create contrasted nicely with the red and sand scheme.

Second picture of the command spire.
The Narissa Gunnary nodes.
Salamis Honor Guard - I like the sand/brown color I used on this pair as opposed to the scheme I used on the original pair.
Second picture of the back of Salamis Honor Guard.
The Relthoza Command Helix.
Sorry it has taken so long to get these pictures put up. I haven't had the opportunity to play a game utilizing this helix yet but I am very excited to. I can certainly see a lot of possibilities for this helix to improve my current forces. Aesthetically and play style these guys continue to hold the top spot for me. I will try to post a report next time I get to bring them out.

2 comments:

  1. I love this helix! The only problem I have with it is that the footprint for that spire is enormous, and it's way too easy to get a bad scatter.

    That's a nice scheme. I went nuts on mine, painting it shiny gold with purple accents. It could be called "distinctive" or it could be called "ridiculously gaudy." I refer to the spire as Trump Tower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is possible my favorite helix aesthetically. I agree the large base can be a little difficult to drop where you want it to.

      I like the idea of purple with gold. It definitely would stand out on the table top!

      Delete