Saturday, January 7, 2017

Last Year in Review

Happy New Year!


The past year has been a crazy one. It started out  strong with a lot of painting and gaming but ended with much less completed nor any games played. I hope that this year I can be a little more consistent with my updates and gaming. One of the reasons for less updates recently is that with winter and the time change here in the US I have a much smaller window of opportunity to take pictures. This has hampered my ability to post blog updates as most of them have been painting related. I am going to try and get into the habit of taking some pictures each weekend while I have the light to do so and hopefully that will help me post a little more regularly.


I have a decent size backlog of miniatures, (Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, Planetfall & Infinity), to paint this year, which I will list out below. For Christmas I received a Relthoza Firepower Leviathan which I am very excited to paint. It is a fantastic, and massive, model and will look excellent on the gaming table! Ok, on to the statistics and hopeful plans for the new year.


This past year I was able to paint 268 models and played 11 games. I was shocked at how many models I painted throughout the year. I would be thrilled this next year if I can paint a similar number of models. Hopefully, I will be able to work out the time to play a few more games this year compared to last year.


This year I have quite a few models in the queue to be painted. Some of which I have and quite a few I know I will be acquiring at some point in the next few months. Currently on my list I have a large number of dystopian wars models, a couple of planetfall models and several infinity models. I also have some terrain projects for dystopian wars and a couple of things to finish up for planetfall.


Dystopian Wars/Fleet Action
Blazing Sun
Taki-Ashi Heavy Walker x1
Komainu Garrison Tank x6
Ke-Ho Light Tanks x25
27x SAW tokens
3x Node tokens


Chinese Federation
Fei Long Skyfortress x1
Chi Long Assault Flyers x3
Zhulong Interceptors x5
54x SAW tokens


Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Perun Mobile Airfield x1
Rarog Landship x1
Palnik Medium Tank x3
Szpada Flame Tank x3
Burza Bombard x3
Poltava Light Tank x4
Rycerz Light Tank x5
16x SAW tokens


Republique of France
Frelon Small Bombers x3
Marceille Light Cruisers x3
Furieux Scoutships x2
Defense Tower x2
36x Saw tokens


Russian Coalition
Kostroma Fleet Carrier x1
6x SAW tokens


Merchant Vessels x4
Oil Rigs x2
City Districts x3
Harbour district x1
Airfield district x2

Armada
Dindrenzi
Bastion Battlestation x1
Pilum Platforms x3

Relthoza
Ichneumann Frigates x4

Ryushi
Onnisha Carrier x1
Hokita Crusiers x6
Akkarai Corvettes x6

Terquai
Alkonost Assault Carrier x1
Alkulkan Assault Cruisers x3


Planetfall
Relthoza
Varisei-Kei Leviathan x1
Namisc Light Walker x12


Directorate
Shade Heavy Gunship x2
Phantom Gunship x3
Artillery Marker x2


Terrain
Buildings x10
Barricade Walls x 10
Relthoza Structure x1
Defense Cannon Structure x1


Infinity
Nomads
Starter set x1(6 models)
Reverend Moira Healer x1

To add to this I have been curious about Dropfleet commander. This may lead me to pick up a few of their models to try out a game or two this coming year. We shall see, I honestly don't need anything more to play or paint at the moment. I also backed the Dystopian World expansion kickstarter which will net me something in the neighborhood of 145 new models! So this year looks to be a very busy year for painting which I am very much looking forward to.

I hope everyone reading this has had an excellent first week of the new year. I hope to get some pictures up of my Relthoza Command Helix and Ba'Kash Aerial helix. They have been painted for months now, I just haven't had time to get pictures taken and posted.

I am optimistic to see some of planetfall Allied Core Helices this spring. Particularly the Terquai, Veydreth and Ba'Kash ones. Hopefully Spartan will be able to get these released amidst their busy Dystopian Wars Schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment