Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Planetfall Aerial Helix Preview

Just a quick post this evening. It was revealed today on the Spartan Forums and later on Wayland Games Pre-order page that the next Planetfall release will be the Aerial Helixes. I have attached a link below to the pre-order page where I found them if anyone is interested in reading the descriptions of the helixes.

Wayland Games Pre-Order Page

Aquan Aerial Interceptor Helix - Really love the sleek design of both the Vorati Gunship and the Minnari Interceptors. This helix will definitely be joining my forces in defense of the Subrutan!

Dindrenzi Aerial Interceptor Helix - I really like the Orestes gunship and while I enjoy the Erinyes interceptors they are not my favorite unit.

Sorylian Aerial Interceptor Helix - I again really like the Jor'Mak'Ta gunship but am not as enamored by the Mak'Kun interceptors.

Terran Alliance Aerial Interceptor Helix - Ever since I was a kid I have loved jets and this box beautifully captures that nostalgia for me and takes it into the future. The Sigyn gunship it probably my favorite aerial model out of all of the new models. The Rindr interceptors are also a very sweet model.

The Directorate Aerial Interceptor Helix - I also really, really liked this box. The Ghost interceptor drones are very cool, I like the centered rotor on them. The star for me is again the Revenant gunship. It reminds me of a very beefy SR-71 Blackbird which makes it awesome.

The Relthoza Aerial Interceptor Helix - This one was initially my least favorite of all of the aerial helixes but has since begun to grow on me. I appreciate that Spartan has not tried to call any of the units a gunship or even interceptors. I am not sure why it is referered to as an aerial interceptor helix as it sounds like it should be more like an aerial support helix. I have grown to very much like the Savimasc heavy battle suit. The Halamasc drone pods are interesting but not my favorite unit. The fact that this helix can call in artillery support has further intrigued me. I will almost certainly grab this for my migrant clan!
Overall, I think that the all of the new aerial helixes sound like a lot of fun and certainly look awesome. I was a little thrown off by the Relthozan set initially but after reading its description I am rather excited for it. Looking forward to seeing the statistics for all of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment