Sunday, July 12, 2015

Aquan Core Helix - painted

I managed to finish painting my core helix. I have already covered my color scheme for the Khitari so I won't go into detail on the colors used for them. I had more or less decided that my Aquans were going to have somewhat of a desert feel to them. This lead me to consider a brown colored armor. I also thought this was a good fit as I had read that the aquans had a carapace. I googled carapace pictures to get an idea of what actual carapace looked like. 

Aquan Carapace Color
Vallejo Chocolate Brown
Drybrushed Vallejo Tan Yellow, Vallejo Dark Sand and Vallejo Light Sand

Blue Parts
Vallejo Turquoise
Drybrushed Reaper MSP Marine Teal and Surf Aqua

Red Parts
Vallejo Vermilion drybrushed with Reaper MSP Amethyst

Laser Weapons
P3 Necrotite Green drybrushed with Vallejo Fluorescent Green and Vallejo Green Yellow

I then went over all of the blue and red parts with Misty Grey. The little observation domes, or at least what I have decided are observation domes, were painted Vallejo Gunmetal Blue.

The Crystals were the only things I did a little differently. My wife convinced me to try a nail polish on them. Interested to see how they would turn on out I let her pick a color she liked and paint them. The polish we used was made by Rainbow Honey and called Waves. I then went over the crystal with some drybrushing to lighten the edges and create a glow effect on the base. Overall I really like how they turned out and honestly the glitter effect from the nail polish has looked fantastic on the crystals.

Core Helix box painted with and the additional Khitari Strike Shoal I will be fielding.

Different Angle of painted Helix.

First Strike Shoal.

Overhead view of the first strike shoal.

Second Strike Shoal.

Angled view of the second strike shoal.

Imzani Light Skimmers.

Second picture of the Imzani Light Skimmers.

Lamana Medium Skimmers

Different angle and underside of Lamana Medium Skimmers

Sirsir Medium Support Skimmer, Votari Crystals and Stingray Nodes.

Second Angle of Sirsir, Votari Crystals and Stingray Nodes.

Underside of Sirsir.

Stingray Nodes

Votari Crystals

Sedna Heavy Skimmer.

Rear Corner of Sedna Heavy Skimmer.

Underside of Sedna Heavy Skimmer.

Second view of rear corner of Sedna Heavy Skimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment