Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Works Raptor Recon Helix - Painted by my son

My 4-1/2 year old son and I got his Works Raptor miniatures painted up. He picked the colors and did most of the painting himself. I did help some and coached him on some painting techniques. He had a blast painting and seems really excited to get some more minis. We may have to expand into Firestorm Armada and get him a few Works Raptor starships to paint and play with. I thought that his miniatures turned out great and was really proud of him for how well he did painting.

My son painting his interceptors.

Finishing up the first coat of blue.
I didn't think to take more pictures while we were painting. Next time I will have to be a little better about taking pictures.

The Recon Helix all painted up.
I think the escape pod is my favorite model out of the helix. Initially it was the only model that I really liked at all aesthetically. However, the recon tanks and the interceptors have grown on me. The escape pod is still by far my favorite.

The escape pod.

Another picture of the escape pod.
The color scheme he wanted was blue, plain and simple. It is his favorite color so it wasn't too much of a surprise. He wanted the guns on the LR-6's to be a pink/ purple color and the underside of the GX-74's was to be a red/orange.

Blue Scheme
Reaper MSP Winter Blue followed with a drybrushing of Reaper MSP Surf Aqua. The front of the tanks and tips of the interceptor wings were drybrushed white.

Tank Guns
The guns were painted P3 Murderous Magenta dry brushed with a lighter shade of pink. I can't remember which paint exactly was used unfortunately.

Interceptor underside
Vallejo Calvary brown drybrushed with Vallejo Vermillion and followed up with more drybrushing with Vallejo Golden Yellow.

The LR-6 Recon tanks.

Second picture of the LR-6 recon tanks.

GX-74 Interceptor squadron.

GX-74 close up.

Underside of the GX-74.
Well that's it for tonight. I will have some new posts once my new Relthoza miniatures get her. I am quite excited to get them and field them against my brother-in-law's Terran Alliance Forces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment