Thursday, July 2, 2015

Terquai Recon Helix - Painted

I thought it time to share some pictures of my first painted helix. The Terquai Recon Helix. I wanted to do something a little contrasting but stilled related to how my Aquans will be painted. Their current scheme is a desert and blue scheme. Since I wanted some contrast I picked a dark red as the Terquai main color theme. This was accented with a very light grey and turquoise to tie it in with the aquans.

The colors I used are:

Gunship
Vallejo Burnt Cadmium Red drybrushed along the edges with a Vallejo Vermilion.
Reaper MSP Misty Grey was used for the striping.
Vallejo Turquoise drybrushed with a Vallejo Blue Green and then Reaper MSP Surf Aqua was used for accenting.
Vallejo Gunmetal Blue was used for the cockpit and hexagoned areas. A very light dybrushing of Reaper MSP Misty Grey over the hexagons to give some definition.
Vallejo Gunmetal Grey and more Reaper MSP Misty Grey were used to drybrush and finish details on the rest of the areas.

Taping for the lines.

Finished gunship, top view.

Underside of the finished gunship
Nabis Drones
Vallejo Burnt Cadmium Red drybrushed along the edges with a Vallejo Vermilion.
Vallejo Gunmetal Blue was used for the domes.
Vallejo Turquoise drybrushed with a Vallejo Blue Green and then Reaper MSP Surf Aqua was used for some of the raised plates.
Reaper MSP Misty Grey were used to drybrush the guns and pipes.
The tanks/batteries on the back of each drone were painted Vallejo German Orange and drybrushed Vallejo Golden Yellow.

The desert bases were painted black followed by a light coat of Vallejo Beige Brown drybrushed with Vallejo Tan Yellow, Vallejo Dark Sand & Vallejo Pale Sand.

Work in progress picture of the Nabis Drones.
Nabis Drones all painted up.
Different views of the Nabis Drones.
The nexus markers were painted up to match my Aquan markers which are the turqoise drybrushed with some light blues.

Completed Nexus Markers
The Temporal Portals followed the same basic scheme as the gunship and drones. 

Temporal Portal painted.

Back side of the Temporal Portal
Overall, I am very happy with how these turned out and can't wait to get some pictures of them in action. So far I have played two games with my Aquan and Terquai forces against my brother-in-law's Terran forces. The first game I lost pretty badly but the second game I won. In both games the gunship has performed very well, particularly, against the Terran infantry.

Terquai Recon Helix completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment